Kiln Cermanic Cafe - Henley - www.kiln-cafe.co.uk
Haahoo Ceramics - Twyford - www.haahoosceramics.co.uk
River and Rowing Museum - rrm.co.uk
Indoor Ski slope - Reading - www.skiplex.co.uk/home.aspx
Waterskiing & Wakeboarding - various places.
The Herb Farm - Sonning Common - with a garden center, specialising in various herbs, but also with many other beautiful plants, garden sculptures, and lovely array of other things to buy. It has a lovely caffee and beautiful gardens to walk around. Most importantly for the children, it also has a Maze! www.herbfarm.co.uk
More Cool Ideas for Stuff To Do
- Hire a bike from the Bike Box, on Remenham Hill in Henley. bikebox-hire.co.uk/contact-bike-box-hire-c...
- Treasure Trails Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or a fun day out with the kids in Henley on Thames? Then why not try the Henley on Thames Treasure Trail; a fun and imaginative way to explore. As you follow the route, can you solve the clues to and eliminate the suspects to discover whodunnit? Follow the Trail, solve the clues and see the sights! www.treasuretrails.co.uk/ox-wberks/things-
- Check out our farm visits lists: www.henleyareaparents.co.uk/all-ages-activ..., and our days out ideas: www.henleyareaparents.co.uk/all-ages-activ... and much more in this section!
- Meadows Farm Studios. Hire a photography and video studio, including training, equipment hire, editing and aerial drone filming. Superb facilities and friendly atmosphere www.meadowsfarmstudios.co.uk
- Discover gliding at the Booker Gliding Club. Soar above the Chilterns. At Wycombe Air Park, Marlow, bucks, SL7 3DP www.bookergliding.co.uk
- Little Explorers Seed Bomb - plant a meadow in neglected areas of land for virtually free www.littlelife.co.uk/news/article/little-...
Free and Cheap Activity Ideas
- Go for a long country walk
- Make Christmas decorations using old materials
- Get a book on birds, plants and wildlife and try to spot them in the car
- Sing a song
- Plant bulbs and sow wild flowers on the verges and in front of your house
- Paint a picture
- Make up a joke, and even if it isn't funny, make it sound funny!
- Play incy wincy spider
- Play "It" or "stuck in the mud"
- Learn to grow vegetables
- Make teddies
- Get friends over for lunch or dinner and each bring a course
- Paint, draw or papier mache/other art on a walk in nature
- Pick flowers on a long walk and count how many there are that time of year, then arrange them at home in a nice vase
- Make dresses out of paper, copying famous people's clothes
- Make cakes and cookies, then lick the bowl afterwards (cheeky, but fun and yum)
- Make your own advent calendar
- Go for a walk around the shops (see if you can manage to not spend anything, or add to your Christmas list instead!)
- Jazz up some furniture from a Sue Ryder sale, using old bits of materials and paints - then sell them on this website!
- Make things from home in your spare time, or with your little ones, then sell them on this website!
- Make up a comedy or a play with your little ones - allowing them to set their imaginations fee - and you might find them hugely enthralling and entertaining - discover your little ones' hidden talents
- Go to visit a farm
- Pick fruit from a pick your own farm
- Play in the park
- Have a picnic in the park, or in the countryside
- Go camping for the night and eat marsh mallows around a camp fire
- Watch the sun go down and hug
- Smile - it doesn't cost anything!
- Make someone else laugh
- Go to visit an elderly neighbour or friend and bring them home made cake
- Go for a run
- Do some yoga, or exercise with an exercise DVD, or Utube
- Make candles - look up how on line
- Make soap - look up how to online
- Make jewellery - look up how to online
- Play football, or frisbee in the park with your friends and a picnic
- Visit a free museum
- Look up free or cheap activities on this website!
- Set up a company in your free time. What have you got to lose?
- Be inspired by Pinterest! uk.pinterest.com/desertrio/fun-activities...
- Or this... www.fun-stuff-to-do.com/baby-sitting-activ...
- Hire a bike from the Bike Box on Remenham Hill, and go cycling with the family for the day.